Central Government Agriculture schemes for Farmers – PM Kisan Scheme
Features of PM Kisan scheme
- PM Kisan is a Central government scheme with 100% subsidizing from Government of India.
- The scheme has come into operation from 1.12.2018.
- Under the PM Kisan scheme, a pay support of Rs. 6,000/ – every year in three equivalent portions will be given to small and marginal farmer families having consolidated land holding/responsibility of 2 hectares/ 5 acres.
- Meaning of family for thePM Kisan scheme is spouse, wife and minor youngsters.
- State Government and UT administrations will distinguish the farmer families who are eligible for PM Kisan scheme according to the scheme rules.
- The pay support of Rs. 6,000/ – will be straightforwardly moved to the bank accounts of the beneficiary farmers.
- The firat instalment of PM Kisan scheme for the period 1.12.2018 to 31.03.2019 is to be given in the finacial year itself.
- Howvever, there are different exclusions for PM Kisan scheme that are given below.
Soil Health Card Scheme
Exclusions/ Limits of PM Kisan scheme
The following categories of beneificiaries of higher economic status shall not be elligible for benefit under the PM Kisan scheme.
- All Institutional Land holders are not eligible for PM Kisan scheme.
- Farmer families who belongs to one or more of the following categories:.
- Former and present holders of constitutional jobs/posts.
- Former and present Ministers/ State Ministers and former/present Members of LokSabha/ RajyaSabha/ State Legislative Assemblies/ State Legislative Councils, former and present Mayors of Municipal Corporations, former and present Chairpersons of District Panchayats are not eligible for PM Kisan scheme.
- All current or retired officers and employees of Central/ State Government Ministries /Offices/Departments and its field units Central or State PSEs and Attached offices /Autonomous Institutions under Government, as well as regular employees of the Local Bodies (Excluding Multi-Tasking Staff (MTS) /Class IV/Group D employees), are not eligible for PM Kisan scheme.
- All superannuated/retired pensioners whose monthly pension is Rs.10,000/-or more (Excluding Multi-Tasking Staff (MTS) / Class IV/Group D employees) of the above category are un eligible for PM Kisan scheme.
- All Persons who paid Income Tax in last assessment year are not eligible for PM Kisan scheme.
- Other professional’s viz., Doctors, Engineers, Advocates, CA’s, and Architects registered with Professional bodies and doing profession by undertaking practices are un-eligible for PM Kisan scheme.
Conclusion: This is a piece of brief information about PM Kisan scheme. For more information about Agriculture schemes and subsidies, comment below.